1. Coming up next...
    Saturday 15th September @ 18:30 GMT - Just Archery. It's... well, er... archery. No frills. 'Nuff said, really!
    Monday 10th September - New IP address! We've been upgraded. Join us at: 198.20.114.99 [Read more]

Ruling VeryGoodDog - Harassment in chat - [2 days] - lifted

Discussion in 'The Courtroom' started by SFMosquito, Dec 29, 2016.

1. SFMosquito

SFMosquito Spectral Op

I'm going to open this thread by saying it's a post I hoped I'd never have to make. However, months down the line, Dog's behaviour hasn't really altered, and in the spirit of fairness, I think it's time we made clear what is and isn't acceptable on Cubic Worlds.

This kicked off today, when an incident took place around a public tree farm near Spawn - Peace_Panda and Vono were using the farm and VeryGoodDog sent them a message, giving them the impression that they were to take ownership of it. By the looks, Dog did not in fact intend to give away the farm, and a dispute arose. In the course of this dispute, Dog threatened to use /kick on Peace and Vono if they didn't stop their work on the farm. Following this, Vono left the server and Peace_Panda went AFK. Upon returning to her computer, Peace found an F-bomb in her private channel on Discord, from VeryGoodDog.

This should adequately capture the facts as I have understood them. If anybody has any clarifications or corrections to offer, please leave a reply below. :)

VeryGoodDog
    I'd like to take the opportunity to remind you that Cubic Worlds is a family-friendly space, and that threatening other players with /kick, using profane language and discussing non-PG topics are not OK here.

I'd also like to advise you that while we're totally okay with people roleplaying characters, (yes, including cute dogs), it's important that you're prepared to make your intentions absolutely clear if there's any danger of confusion. Randomness and edgy behaviour may be acceptable (indeed, quite normal) on other websites, but there is a real danger in a community like ours that other people will not understand you, or share your sense of humour - leading to situations like today.

Thanks for your understanding, and I hope we'll see you again in a few days' time.

~ Smoke

2. VeryGoodDog

VeryGoodDog Citizen

aight so sorry abt being a pain with you peace i really wasnt having a good day and i shouldnt have taken it out on you and i was just really upset that i made the mistake of saying i gave you the farm but really in general i need to calm down on the server like i just gotta chill and now knowing i was pushing the limit of acceptibility i can do that , just ,, chill

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016