1. Coming up next...
    Now - Testing a new host. New IP! Connect to 89.34.96.47:25599 to play.
    Now - Vote on a name for World 5! Shortlist is up and the poll awaits your vote. [Read more]

Utilities for NH Stuff.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VeryGoodDog, Apr 14, 2018.

1. VeryGoodDog

VeryGoodDog Citizen

I want to see more events made and I think helping proliferate the tools to make good and engaging games would help! This post will talk about the tools used to do that.

Building the Map

Having a well built map is as important as the inner workings. CW has WorldEdit enabled in NH. WorldEdit, WE, can help build large structures quickly. WE can do a lot of really cool stuff, as documented here. WE has a mod that allows you to see the boundaries of your selection, called the WE CUI. It does become problematic when you want to build really, really, big things. I recommend having WE installed in a SP profile. This can be pretty hard but, there is a tutorial. After installation, you can build things that would otherwise be difficult to build on CW.

Internals

Something I do, is to test commands in SP. Because the server is public, it makes sense to prevent everyone from getting to command blocks. This can however make it hard to get a nice and complicated event. The Minecraft Wiki documents the commands very well. There are also tools for building custom commands:

baba_zombie and alphaomega967 like this.