1. Coming up next...
    Now - PSTIM #18 game voting! Pick some games here or on Discord! [Read more]
    Saturday 11th August @ 18:30 GMT - Build That Thing! Quickfire construction shenanigans!

Project The Gates of Amaranth - A town for World 5

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, and Land Claims' started by Fubaka, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Fubaka

Fubaka Mod Squad

Pardon me for making plans so soon, but I now know what shape my town and guild in World 5 will take. Once the world opens, it is my intention to search out and inhabit the nearest suitable Warm Ocean. There, I will establish an underwater city called The Gates of Amaranth.

Essentially, the entire town will be underwater, with Conduits placed in strategic locations to provide air for the inhabitants. Streets will be lain out with coral pavement and Prismarine pillars to give it a very Atlantis-like feel. This will also be where the new library and headquarters of House Antaka will be established.

I am posting about this now to gauge interest in the lot of yehs, to see if any of you would like to become a resident of this town. I would be looking for builders with a keen attention to detail, and a willingness to build in theme with the roads and other structures. Ideally, this town would also be the new end-point for the Elder's Channel, but that depends on where the Hermitage ends up.

Let me know what you think.

masternoj likes this.
  2. Tomousee

Tomousee Citizen

3. Fubaka

Fubaka Mod Squad

I see your 'yeh' and raise you one 'ar'.

4. Sicarine

Sicarine Citizen

Block Palette?

If I were to build, I'd build something along the lines of...

Dark prismarine roof with spruce trim....
    Walls of spruce planks with a stone brick / cobble base

...or literal underwater tudor...

5. Fubaka

Fubaka Mod Squad

Sounds reasonable. I assume you've spent a fair amount of time around warm ocean biomes to gauge their look, and what might look good in them. I suspect what I will specifically be doing will be to build the city inside a deep warm ocean, and start pooling in coral from Ore to decorate it. Only shallow warm oceans seem to generate coral naturally, and I don't suspect people would be very thrilled if I started tearing apart world 5's coral reefs.

masternoj likes this.
  6. masternoj

masternoj Mod Squad

I may be interested in adding to this project. An open-water, underwater city seems like a v cool idea. :eek:

(No promises, though, given my track record. :p)

7. masternoj

masternoj Mod Squad

Message from Heavy_Longsword: Apparently, Warm Oceans do not also naturally spawn as Deep Oceans. Are you ok with having this be a relatively shallow ocean city?

8. Fubaka

Fubaka Mod Squad

I've seen deep warm oceans, but then again, that might have just been a buffet option. If we can't find one, we'll just have to make one.