1. Coming up next...
    ‚óŹ Saturday 9th March @ 19:00 GMT - Ice Sumo! Don't get squished like grape.

Stellaris

Discussion in 'The Amusement Arcade' started by Zolyx, May 15, 2016.

1. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

Anyone else happen to play it?

It's rather good. Gives me the same warm, happy feels that I got from spending hours with the original Master of Orion when I was but a sapling. Although there are things that don't seem as fleshed out as they could be (playing as a pacifist race is a tad boring), the base game feels like a really good foundation for expansion and modding.

I've sunk a good dozen or so hours into it so far and can easily see it sucking up many more. Haven't even hit any of the late-game crises...

The music is properly epic, too :cool:

2. UberNinja303

UberNinja303 Citizen

Looks pretty interesting, although I can't seem to find any info on whether this "grand strategy" is turn-based strategy or more of a real time strategy game.

3. SFMosquito

SFMosquito Spectral Op

I really want to try this out, but it's a bit out of my price bracket - I don't like to buy stuff at full price unless it's a franchise I'm a particular fan of. I'll watch out for this one to come on sale though - I like the look of it!

4. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

@UberNinja303 You can pause at any time, and the "normal" game speed is actually quite slow. I tend to play on the middle "faster" setting, and I'm by no means someone who rushes :)

@SFMosquito Fair enough. If it helps any, there's 20% off on Green Man Gaming at the moment - but at the same time, waiting 'til a sale would bag you the patches they'll no doubt add in the next couple months.

5. masternoj

masternoj Mod Squad

My roommate got super into this, and I've bought it, but not yet had a chance to play it.

6. UberNinja303

UberNinja303 Citizen

The reviews seem to be indicating that there are some interface issues and the mid to late game is somewhat lacking, but they are planning on patching regularly. I'll probably grab this sometime after I get back from vacation (which should be shortly after the next patch).