1. Coming up next...
    Friday 17th November - Updating to Minecraft 1.12.2.
    Saturday 18th November @ 19:00 GMT - Build That Thing! Test your hand-to-eye coordination!

PSTIM #17 - 19:00 GMT on Saturday 23rd September - Roblox!

Discussion in 'The Amusement Arcade' started by Zolyx, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

Psssssst... you! Yes, you! It's time to...
    [​IMG]

Episode #17 Roblox Saturday 23rd September @ 19:00 GMT

Games excluded from this vote: Unturned, Robocraft & Team Fortress 2

What is PSTIM?
    Check out the very first PSTIM post to learn more. It's basically where we, the Cubic Worlds community, decide on a date and time to play a game other than Minecraft together. Fun!

How do I vote for a game?
    It's simple! Go ahead and pick three games that we could play as a CW group, either competitively or cooperatively. While you think your choices over, keep in mind that:

● Games should be free. Paid games should be either cheap or very popular.
    ● Games must allow at least 4 people to play together in a match.
    ● Steam support is helpful but not required.

Got your three games? Nifty beans - just reply to this thread and say which ones you've picked. You should put them in order with the game you most want to play first. The order of your suggestions determine how many points they get (see below).

The only thing to remember is that some games (or types of games) may be excluded from the vote. You can check this by reading the "Excluded from this vote:" bit at the top part of this post.

You can edit your votes at any time before the vote gets locked!

How are game votes decided?
    Your first choice game counts for 3 points, your second choice 2 points, and your third choice, just 1 point - whichever game has the most points will be the one we play. Choosing the same game multiple times doesn't give it more points... but perhaps it'll emphasise to others how much you reaaallly want to play it! Anyhow, try to think of three different games to cast your votes for!

After this thread has run for a few days - or a clear winner emerges - votes will close, the game will be decided, and we'll run a poll to figure out the date(s) to play it on.

How can I tell you what times and dates I can play?
    Visit this WhenIsGood poll and choose your location using the dropdown box at the top. This adjusts the times of the poll to match your time zone. Then, paint over the starting time slots that you can be online - remember that the event will try to run for up to two hours after this start time, depending on the game and how many people stick around.

Once you've submitted the form, you'll get a link that you can use to change your response if something happens to switch up your schedule.

With all this done, a new thread will appear in the Amusement Arcade forum closer to the time with all the details of server addresses, game settings, rules, and any other useful info. All that remains is to look forward to the event!

Gentlesteves, cast your votes!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  2. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

Another month, another PSTIM!

Following the chat on Discord that we had a day or so after we held the last PSTIM, I can only make my votes as follows:

1. Some flavour of online Monopoly (suggestions gladly accepted)
    2. Terraria
    3. Roblox

EDIT: There appears to be a "legit" official online Monopoly from EA / Hasbro that is available on Pogo games here - it just requires a (free) account registration on that site.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  3. peacegirl806

peacegirl806 Citizen

Aw. Looks like I'll be missing for the whole weekend. Maybe another time. :)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  4. alphaomega967

alphaomega967 Member

Roblox
    Risk (Pogo - if they have a modern or sci-fi version, i would prefer that)
    Fractured Space

5. Squid

Squid Member

1. Uhh sure Roblox why not.
    2. Tf2
    3. Synergy. A free half-life 2 multiplayer mod. (Requires the base game)

6. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

It appears the winner is Roblox with 7 points!

Date: Saturday 23rd September
    Time: 12:00 PDT / 15:00 EDT / 19:00 GMT / 20:00 BST / 21:00 CEST

Roblox is freely available from the Windows 10 store. You can also get it for most mobile devices.

Only 3 people voting, though. I am sad. :( You're telling me that it's time we clear the "excluded games" list, aren't you...

Anyhow, stay tuned to the #pstim17 channel on Discord for the details! I've never played Roblox before and I'll be relying on whoever else turns up to tell me what the deuce we'll be doing :p

7. baba_zombie

baba_zombie Citizen

Unfortunately we cannot join; no Roblox on a Mac or Win8...