1. Coming up next...
    Saturday 23rd March @ 19:00 GMT - Skyblock Wars Classic! Be subtle. Be mysterious. Don't fall into the void.

PSTIM #13: "Spooky number" - pick a game that isn't an FPS!

Discussion in 'The Amusement Arcade' started by Zolyx, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

Psssssst... you! Yes, you! It's time to...
    [​IMG]
    :egyptian: Episode #13 - Galloween '16 edition :egyptian:

Place your votes for what game we should play...
    ...and say when you're around to play it!

:!: Excluded from this vote: First-person shooters :!:

What is PSTIM?
    Check out the very first PSTIM post to learn more. It's basically where we, the Cubic Worlds community, decide on a game other than Minecraft that we can play together. Fun!

How do I vote for a game?
    It's simple! Go ahead and pick three games that we could play as a CW group, either competitively or cooperatively. While you think your choices over, keep in mind that:

● Games should be free. Paid games should be either cheap or very popular.
    ● Games must allow at least 4 players to play together.
    ● Steam support is helpful but not required.

Got your three games? Nifty beans - just reply to this thread and say which ones you've picked. You should put them in order with the game you most want to play first. The order of your suggestions determine how many points they get (see below).

The only thing to remember is that some games (or types of games) may be excluded from the vote. You can check this by reading the "Excluded from this vote:" bit at the top part of this post.

You can edit your votes at any time before the vote gets locked!

How are game votes decided?
    Your first choice game counts for 3 points, your second choice 2 points, and your third choice, just 1 point - whichever game has the most points will be the one we play. Choosing the same game multiple times doesn't give it more points, so try to think of different games to cast your votes for!

After this thread has run for a few days - or a clear winner emerges - votes will close, the game will be decided, and we'll run a poll to figure out the date(s) to play it on.

How can I tell you what times and dates I can play?
    Visit this Doodle poll and select the dates and times that you can play. Depending on when folks are free, we may even arrange to play a game more than once over a week!

With all this done, a new thread will appear in the Amusement Arcade forum closer to the time with all the details of server addresses, game settings, rules, and any other useful info. All that remains is to look forward to the event!

Gentlesteves, cast your votes!

2. Squid

Squid Member

1. Left 4 Dead 2 (well this isnt scary... Actually other players are the scary thing here.)
    2. Overwatch (will have to maybe set your account region to Americas and game region to Americas.)
    3. Team fortress 2 (the update may be worthless but the game is still good in it self right?)
    4. Synergy (Who doesn't love half-life 2 with multiplayer? What is also Free.)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  3. Vono

Vono Citizen

1. Civ V (this game isn't the cheapest out there.. but i am sure there are plenty of people on CW who have it)
    2. TF2
    i only have those two to vote for..

4. peacegirl806

peacegirl806 Citizen

1. Rocket League ( allows up to 8 players per game)
    2. Terraria ( It seems like a good game...)
    3. Unturned ( who doesn't like walking around with zombies?)

Z note: Unturned is an FPS, so not eligible :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2016
  5. Neo_Ender_Man

Neo_Ender_Man Citizen

Terraria
    Unturned
    Smite

Z note: Unturned is an FPS, so not eligible :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2016
  6. FalseGodDeus

FalseGodDeus Citizen

1.Risk of Rain (It's a cheap game at 10 bucks, but only supports 4 player co-op.)
    2.Terraria
    3.Don't starve together (Not quite as cheap as the other games at $15 but still low end and allows for 6 player frustration and starvation I mean what >.>)

7. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

I'm not going to place my actual votes yet, but these are some things I own / are free / very cheap:

* Don't Starve Together (was gifted a copy, but to my shame I've never played it)
    * Risk of Rain (cheapish. I absolutely suck at it)
    * Civ V
    * Rocket League (fun but pricey - often on sale for 50% off but not right now)
    * Terraria (lots of us already have this and it's quite cheap if you don't)
    * Starbound (probably same as Terraria)
    * Project Zomboid (perhaps a bit niche for us?)
    * Dungeon Defenders 2 (free)
    * Smite or DOTA2 (both free)
    * Worms Armageddon (classic artillery game! Second-hand physical copies are *really* cheap)

8. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

Okay, my official votes (for now) are:
    1. OpenTTD (it's free)
    2. Terraria (cheap, lots of us have it)
    3. Don't Starve Together (would be different)

9. Dwight

Dwight Citizen

1. Terraria
    2. Sid Meyer's Civ 5
    3. Robocraft (or is that technically FPS?)

10. SFMosquito

SFMosquito Spectral Op

Preferences from yours truly:
    1. Don't Starve Together: Public servers for this game are pretty terrible, but it'd be awesome to play with some familiar faces from CW
    2. Rocket League: I bought this to play with friends, but have never been able to arrange a play-date before
    3. Civilization 5/6: Much more fun with friends, like all of the above.

11. Squid

Squid Member

Well since i see Civ 5 and Dont starve together two games i don't own i hope they are being hosted tomorrow since i doubt ill be on. (doodle should have a Not sure option.)
    (also wasn't Dont starve together free at some point?)

12. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

The final scores are:

TERRARIA - 12 points
    Civ V - 6 points
    Don't Starve Together - 5 points
    Rocket League - 5 points
    ... and so on :p

So, the winner is Terraria! Taking into account the information people put on the Doodle poll, the best time to start the server will be on Saturday 5th November at 18:30 GMT.

Keep in mind that we will be having an event in CW - Vaultbusters will happen an hour later 19:30 GMT, but you'll be able to continue Terraria-ing once that finishes. I'll run the server overnight through Sunday, and perhaps for more days after that, to see how far we can progress and what we can build!

We'll use TShock for the server as usual - that means we have a choice...

Do you want server-side characters only (fresh start for everyone who joins), or let any character with all their existing gear instead? Poll is here!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  13. Squid

Squid Member

"or let any character with all their existing gear instead?"
    I want that one.

14. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op