1. Coming up next...
    Saturday 26th May @ 18:30 GMT - Happy 7th Birthday, us! Come join the party for our cakeday!
  2. We've moved!
    Cubic Worlds has recently moved to a new host and our new IP is 185.52.52.135. Our play.cubicworlds.net shortcut should be updated and good to use as well. Keep an eye on this thread or Discord for full details.

Report NH Grief

Discussion in 'The Courtroom' started by Vono, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Vono

Vono Citizen

no data could be found but the grief covers about 4 buildings.. east of spawn 2016-03-18_00.37.15.png

2. Big Daddy Bri

Big Daddy Bri Citizen

I've been having trouble lately getting information from coreprotect. Is it not working or is there no data?

3. Neo_Ender_Man

Neo_Ender_Man Citizen

I originally thought it was on purpose just at dances claim till I fell in and everything was free. But then I realized it spread past there

4. SFMosquito

SFMosquito Spectral Op

My guess is that this has been perpetrated through a Worldedit - it's entirely possible that somebody has done this by accident, if they weren't keeping a close eye on their selection areas. The problem is that WorldEdit leaves precious little evidence in CoreProtect logs. I will have a look and see if I can find anything that points us to a name - but I think recovering the lost buildings is going to be something that requires Zolyx to work his magic.

5. Kanzaki_Nao

Kanzaki_Nao Citizen

Could said griefer not've done //undo to repair it?

6. SFMosquito

SFMosquito Spectral Op

Since this incident, Zolyx has set it up so we can indeed log and roll back any damage perpetrated through irresponsible WorldEdit actions. This means staffers will be able to intervene in cases like these where they couldn't before.

The problem is that client-side Worldedit logs don't persist past the current game session. If somebody does something inadvisable and then loses connection, times out, or crashes their computer, there's no way for them to use //undo, because the action is no longer stored on their session. As soon as the griefer logged out, the change became irreversible.