1. Coming up next...
    ‚óŹ Saturday 16th June @ 18:30 GMT - The Many-hued Path! Will Bob be cruel or kind this time?

Info NEW: ShopChests!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zolyx, May 4, 2018.

1. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

Aloha Cubians! Do you like shops? I like shops. Now our shops can be fancier and more futureproof than ever! As we move to our new host today, I've changed the plugin that handles chest shops on the server. I hope that you'll find the new one much more pleasant to use.

Coming soon: ShopChest!
    [​IMG]

Converting an old ChestShop into a new ShopChest
    There are tons of shops around Cubic Worlds and it was important for me to ensure you folks could upgrade to the new system as easily as possible. I'll be available to make conversions for you, but you can do it for yourself with these steps:
    1. Ensure your existing ChestShop chest has an empty space above it
    2. Use the command: /shop convert
    3. Right-click your chest within 15 seconds
    Unfortunately, shops that have their sign on top of the chest will block the conversion - you'll just have to remove the old shop and create a new one manually.

NOTE: Converting a shop will not refund you the old 50 Kube setup fee. To get your Kubes back you'll have to destroy your old ChestShop. However, if you want shops converted and refunded quickly, shout at a staffer and we can help you out.

Creating a ShopChest
    Want to create a new shop from scratch? That's easy too, with no more faffing about with signs!
    1. Place a chest
    2. Hold the item type you'll be selling
    3. Use the command: /shop create [Quantity] [BuyPrice] [SellPrice]
    4. Right-click your chest within 15 seconds
    Done! Your shop's information will be displayed in the form of a hologram and floating item.
    • You can use 0 as a SellPrice if you want to have a shop that only allows players to buy items.
    • Similarly, you can use 0 for BuyPrice to make a shop that only allows players to sell to you.
    • There's no longer a setup fee for shops.
    Deleting a ShopChest
    To get rid of a new-style shop chest that you own, just type /shop remove and then punch the chest.

Using ShopChests
    You can buy and sell from ShopChests in exactly the same way as before:
    • Right-click to buy items from the shop at the given "Buy:" price
    • Left-click to sell items to the shop at the given "Sell:" price
    You can click either the chest itself or the hologram to make the trade.

Deleting a ShopChest
    To get rid of a new-style shop chest that you own, just type /shop remove and then punch the chest.

What happens to old ChestShops?
    For now, shops using the old system will continue to work just fine, but you won't be able to create any new sign-based shops.

Once some time has passed to give everyone a chance to move to the new system, the old plugin will be removed from the server and any old shops will stop working. The chests themselves will remain locked.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  2. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

Unfortunately ShopChests aren't active on the server yet but I'll make sure you get your hands on them early next week - thanks for your patience!

3. baba_zombie

baba_zombie Citizen

new shops ACTIVE! Noice.

Things I noticed:
    • Sometimes I do /shop create etc... and right click just opens the chect. Repeating the command then works.
    • I had a couple of instances where the floaty item was not visible, but the other shop info was. A relog fixed this visual glitch.

4. baba_zombie

baba_zombie Citizen

TIL: There is a limit of 50 shops per player.

5. brickviking

brickviking Mod Squad

Ouch. That rather puts paid to my idea of (eventually) copying my shop to spawn, as it has more shops inside than that. Sigh.

(Post 878)

6. VeryGoodDog

VeryGoodDog Citizen

This is very Cool stuff, easier to set up than the signs, I think. The
    Code:
    /shop create [buy price] [sell price] [amount]
    is really intuitive. No more uh item info and funky codes!

7. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

The shop limit was only set as a default value, but I can (and will) raise that.

I'll adjust it to 200 to take effect on the next server restart. Surely this should be enough? :D