1. Coming up next...
    Saturday 22nd July @ 18:00 GMT - PSTIM #15! Charge your lasers 'cos it's Robocraft! [Read more]
    Sunday 23rd July @ 18:00 GMT - Official CW Spleef Tournament VII! Snow will be dug. [Read more]

[March 15 - 28] The Super Build Contest 2: Marble Division

Discussion in 'Events and Contests' started by Zolyx, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

The Super Build Contest 2 is finally here!

What is the Super Build Contest?

http://wiki.cubicworlds.net/index.php/Super_Build_Contest

There is the answer to all your questions. Basically its a build off with strange and abnormal rules!

Why are we doing this?

We haven't had a contest in forever, and that's totally absolutely not right. - Zolyx, 2015

So what are we doing this time?

The Super Build Contest 2: Marble Division is a chisel your way to victory style contest.

That is you will be given a 9 x 9 x 20ish block of marble to work with. You will be able to break blocks but not place blocks. This means you will need to accommodate for any and all mistakes you make in your sculpture. There will be a theme given out on the day the contest opens, so don't start planning a sculpture in Single Player! Your theme is the Arcane!

If you want to start with a new piece of marble, ask a moderator and they will reset your marble to its initial state at any time during sculpting.

You may have up to 4 entries per contestant.

How are you determining the winner?

Judges! We're using a standard three man judging team who will rank on a scale of 1 - 10 the following:

Aesthetics: How nice the sculpture looks.
    Theme: How ell the sculpture fits the theme
    Artistic Ability: How complicated and intricate the theme is.

Our judges as of current are:

- OminousFire
    - Zolyx
    - Koads

And our backup judge is:

- _Skai_

(NOTE: Judges cannot mark their own entry; another judge will have to substitute in for you.)

And what about prizes? What can I win?

This prize list is subject to change as Zolyx and the other moderators see fit.

1st Place

Your sculpture will be placed somewhere on your land
    Diamonds equal to the average score of your sculpture times 2
    Marble blocks equal to 15 times your average score
    A special piece of efficiency 2 Chiseled Marble showing your amazing sculpting skills!

2nd Prize

Diamonds equal to the average score of your sculpture times 1.5
    Marble blocks equal to 12 times your average score
    A special piece of efficiency 1 Chiseled Marble showing off your amazing sculpting skills!

3rd Prize

Diamonds equal to the average score of your sculpture times 1.0
    Marble blocks equal to 10 times your average score
    A special piece of efficiency 1 Chiseled Marble showing off your amazing sculpting skills!

All other entrees

Diamonds equal to the average score of your sculpture times 0.5
    Marble blocks equal to 10 times your average score
    A special piece of Chiseled Marble showing off your amazing sculpting skills and participation!
    The ability to trade marble blocks for a copy of their sculpture to be placed in Voxellia. This ability only lasts until the next time we are using Event Horizon (And I have plans for next month!)

- OminousFire

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  2. Dwight

Dwight Citizen

I'd love to judge if I would be allowed!

3. Skaibae

Skaibae Citizen

If possible, I can be a sub judge.

4. We've decided the Super Build Contest will be held from March 15th to March 28th! The theme will be announced then and Event Horizon opened!

You will not be able to place any blocks but signs (To mark which block of marble is yours!) in Event Horizon!

5. Skaibae

Skaibae Citizen

Yay! I can play on the 15th! Hope to see ye there!

6. UberNinja303

UberNinja303 Citizen

I wouldn't mind being a judge or a substitute judge (I plan on entering so, I'd need a substitute if selected as a full judge). I take it that the "marble" is actually quartz blocks. For those who don't make the top 3, would it be possible to pay to have the entry moved to their land? Perhaps we could give an equivalent amount of quartz blocks, so the move would really just save the hassle of building it again.

7. Hmm... Z has final say, but I don't see why not on the marble transfer thing. Also yes, the 'marble' is quartz :3. I'm not too sure about if I only want staff judges or not anymore for judging. We'll see.

8. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

I'm happy enough to have winning entries moved into Voxellia for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place entries. :)

9. Skaibae

Skaibae Citizen

Will this be in creative or survival?

10. Creative, but special map rules are in play and you will not be able (like the game won't let you) to place blocks.

11. Skaibae

Skaibae Citizen

err, shouldn't there be more judges? i mean, the thing starts tomorrow.

12. UberNinja303

UberNinja303 Citizen

Judges don't really need to be decided until it's done, so they have 2 weeks to decide.

13. fireturn

fireturn Member

I would love to be a judge if i can and if i'm chosen I would ofcorse need a sub.

14. ninjawolf

ninjawolf Citizen

cool what time?

15. ninjawolf

ninjawolf Citizen

:-\whats the theam??? :?::?::?:

16. masternoj

masternoj Mod Squad

There is no "time" per se- it's running over the next two weeks and you can sculpt whenever you want.

The second is a good point, though. Part of the judging criteria is fitting of the theme, but no theme has been described. Would you care to elaborate, Z?

(I would be willing to judge if necessary. It's interesting to see all the different entries, and they'll be much faster to judge than the portal complexes.)

17. Relax! Its only 3 PM my time and I did NOT just wake up! Anyway! DRUM ROLL PLEASE. THE THEME IS:

THE ARCANE.

You guys have fun ;)

18. Skaibae

Skaibae Citizen

arcane
    [ahr-keyn]

adjective
    known or understood by very few; mysterious; secret; obscure; esoteric:
    "She knew a lot about Sanskrit grammar and other arcane matters."

19. fireturn

fireturn Member

Really i slready did mine and did not see it had a theme so we better just go with a sword

20. ninjawolf

ninjawolf Citizen

ok when dose it end like in day? if u can.