1. Coming up next...
    Saturday 15th September @ 18:30 GMT - Just Archery. It's... well, er... archery. No frills. 'Nuff said, really!
    Monday 10th September - New IP address! We've been upgraded. Join us at: 198.20.114.99 [Read more]

Friday 30th March to Tuesday 3rd April - Easter Egg Hunt!

Discussion in 'Events and Contests' started by Zolyx, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

[​IMG]

Greetings to you, Cubians!

As you can probably tell by the sheer number of rabbits, wicker baskets, fluffy chicks, and shinily-wrapped ovoids that are about the world lately, it's Easter time once again, and that of course means that it's time to hunt down some eggs!

Like last year, there's a section of the world where you'll have to go hunting in - see the map shown below. You should look for the colourful eggs just like the ones shown in the piccy above. Once the hunt ends on Tuesday 18th April some time in the evening (GMT), you'll be given your shiny prizes. Weee, prizes!

When you find an egg, simply punch it to claim it. You'll see a message to let you know how many eggs are left to find.

Where
    Just head to the special region of Tesseract just southwest of spawn and get looking for those eggs!
    [​IMG]

Prizes
    What prizes, you ask? Well, let's see. Depending on how many of the eggs you're able to find, you'll receive:
    • Mob spawn eggs
    • Cookies
    • Kubes
    • Event currency (evil / liquid / paper / green money)
    • Special hunt tokens (crystalline eggs)
    • Who knows what else! I don't, because the rabbits addled my brain, again...
    Word is that a special vendor will be appearing soon at the spawn pier carrying some exclusive decorative goods that can only be bought with crystalline eggs!

Hints
    Here are some general hunt hints:
    • There are 25 eggs to find in total, hidden by the local bunny populace.
    • The hunt area is protected, so you won't be able to place or break blocks while hunting.
    • None of the eggs are hidden underground, though one is hidden in a very dangerous surface cave.
    • Rabbits like trees.
    • Rabbits like craggy cliffs, much like goats.
    • Rabbits especially like trees on top of craggy cliffs. They're crazy.
    • Rabbits can apparently build treacherous, physics-defying perches for some eggs. They're bonkers.
    • Rabbits may not actually exist and all this is just a figment of my imagination.
    You should get yourself suitably geared up because at night, mobs will be spawning in the area of the hunt to keep things interesting.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  2. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

This year's Egg Hunt has concluded, and anyone who too part and scavenged at least 1 egg will find some loot in the prize cave.

If you found all 25 of the eggs, find your loot along the path that leads to Tesseract Pier, where you can also find Elmer Duff offering a variety of shinies in exchange for your Crystalline Eggs! :diamond:

Hope you had fun! That's all, folks - until next year, anyway...

3. baba_zombie

baba_zombie Citizen

Oh, I guess the body text was a copy paste "Once the hunt ends on Tuesday 18th April some time in the evening (GMT)"...I must stop that reading thing that I do...
    I was looking forward to resuming the hunt next week when not travelling: oh well, i did get 21, but other zombies not so lucky...

4. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

Oh, yuck... thought I'd updated all of the references after copypasting from last year's post ;( Curses, I've been rumbled!