1. Coming up next...
    ‚óŹ Saturday 16th June @ 18:30 GMT - The Many-hued Path! Will Bob be cruel or kind this time?

Ruling Flamingponies101-Builds without perms. Dave201292- minor grief [no action / friendly followup]

Discussion in 'The Courtroom' started by Nadine6236, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Nadine6236

Nadine6236 Citizen

Argh how I hate making courtroom reports. This one though was a long time coming.
    It has come to my attention that flamingponies101 has build a big house and a shop on my claim. I am 100% aware that I never officially claimed this because I never got around to it but because Its quite far from spawn and my buildings are around the specific section that it would be clear that someone was living there while I was getting around to claim it. ( screen shots included) while inspecting that I also noticed thatdave201292 did some minor griefing. (screenshots also included) Dave201292.png RULING1.png RULING2.png Coords.png

2. SFMosquito

SFMosquito Spectral Op

I don't like being the bearer of bad news, but the fact that Flamingponies101 already has a shop region established on the area, and you don't, means he/she actually would have the prior claim. I did a bit of digging, and this is the claim thread made for the shop: https://forum.cubicworlds.net/index.php?threads/a-shop-for-flamingponies101.5034/

Oddly, while it seems that it was concluded at the time that no claim would be necessary, somehow it still ended up being made? Either way, Flamingponies101 hasn't been online in over six months, so my first port of call isn't going to work (to negotiate for a compromise). I think it'd be entirely fair for you to apply to have the land transferred to your ownership, and I see you've already put in an application to claim the land back here:
    https://forum.cubicworlds.net/index.php?threads/nadine6236.5205/#post-48077

If you can bear to wait, I'm going to see if there's any way to contact Flamingponies101 - if that takes more than a week, I'll make the transfer. Dave201292 has actually been online in the last two months, so there's a much healthier chance that we can catch up with him and have a word about his "exploratory digging" in your redstonery.

I won't be applying any other punishments to either of these accounts, seeing as neither of them seems to have acted with bad intent.

3. SFMosquito

SFMosquito Spectral Op

As an update, Peace_Panda has filled in some of the blanks about this case - apparently she thought the shop claim had been rescinded, so as far as I'm concerned, the prior ownership falls back to you, Nadine. I'll see about getting the shop regioned and archived so you can have use of the land again. The ruling I made stands - I don't think there's any question of foul play here, just an administrative mix-up.

4. Nadine6236

Nadine6236 Citizen

Thanks Mosquito :) Is there any way of taking down the house or would we have to get a hold of them?

5. SFMosquito

SFMosquito Spectral Op

What we'll do is take a copy of the build, for safekeeping, and then it'll be fine to tear down (since if the builder returns, we can restore it to another location). I don't see any point in waiting around for someone to return after a six month unannounced hiatus and no contact address. x3