1. Coming up next...
    Saturday 19th August @ 18:30 GMT - Step onto the Hot! Belt in this brand new CW event!
    Sunday 20th August @ 19:00 GMT - PSTIM #16! Need a dispenser here! It's Team Fortress 2. [Read more]

Concern Daily Bonus not available from same IP address

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by baba_zombie, Aug 6, 2017.

1. baba_zombie

baba_zombie Citizen

It seems the new DB plugin uses the IP address to determine if you received the DB.

I logged in today and received the daily bonus.

Ali_zombie logged in 10 minutes later, and got a message "A user from this IP address has already claimed their reward."

As you may guess, we are on the the same wireless connection.

Seems strange to not simply use the player UID.....

2. brickviking

brickviking Mod Squad

Yeah, Zoombuggy and I struck that too. Seems a shame that a few idiots (cheaters) would want to hack the financial systems to their own gain, which spoils it for the rest of us when people decide to combat this hacking. I've sent a message off to Zolyx and the other staffers.

(Post 865)

3. Tomousee

Tomousee Citizen

I got this message and I (as far as i know) am the only person on my wireless network on cubic worlds.

At least... I hope so ?

4. konekasi

konekasi Mod Squad

Because of something called NAT, you may have the same external address as another user.
    I'd still suggest changing your router password though. Especially if it's still set to default.

5. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

I've updated the config of Dailybonus so that this should no longer happen. Apologies for the inconvenience.