1. Coming up next...
    ‚óŹ Saturday 23rd March @ 19:00 GMT - Skyblock Wars Classic! Be subtle. Be mysterious. Don't fall into the void.

Sticky Cubic Worlds Steam group!

Discussion in 'The Amusement Arcade' started by merasane, Jun 26, 2012.

1. merasane

merasane Mod Squad

Welcome! This is the thread for the Cubic Worlds group on steam. If you have any questions about it, suggestions on what to add, or any other things related to the Steam group, go post about it here!

[​IMG]

View our roster and apply to join here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/cubicworlds#members

What is this?
    If you hadn't heard of it yet, Steam is a digital games shop and download platform created by Valve. After creating a free Steam account you are able to access a variety of free-to-play titles such as DOTA2, Team Fortress 2, and many others, simply by downloading the Steam client.

What do we use our group for?
    You can join the Cubic Worlds Steam group to receive notifications of events that are starting on our Minecraft server and announcements relating to our PSTIM (Play Something That Isn't Minecraft) events. It's a cool place to hang out at whenever you're not playing Minecraft!

Sounds cool! How can I join?
    You can see the list of members in the group and apply to join us by visiting this page. Note that Steam aliases may be different to Minecraft usernames.

But wait a minute. I don't like DRM!
    As far as DRM goes, Steam isn't really very evil. You can switch Steam to an "offline mode" so that you don't need to be online to play, but still, we understand it isn't for everyone. Using Steam and joining our group there is entirely optional.

Use our Steam group chat!
    Seen a PSTIM event thread and want to join in for a game? You'd be welcome! One request, though - it really helps a lot if you join our Steam group chat before and during PSTIM-time. This way you'll get pinged when a game is about to start and have a place to check for updates if, for example, the game we're playing comes to a sudden crashing halt. :p

[​IMG]

Having trouble joining the group chat? If you don't have an option to join the group chat then your Steam account may be limited (click the link for more info). Don't panic - usually this happens for new Steam users who haven't bought any games or otherwise spent money on Steam stuff. If this seems to be a problem for you then contact Zolyx - he can probably help!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
  2. danielbauwens

danielbauwens Citizen

Just made a Steam account :shock:
    So you may add me if you want.
    danielbauwens

3. Mechajin

Mechajin Citizen

Mera, I'd appreciate it if you could remove the link to my steam profile plox? I don't really want it out there for the world to see. You can keep the entry on the roster up though. :)

4. I would suggest removing everyone's links for the reason mecha stated.

5. Shabbyjazz

Shabbyjazz Mod Squad

If I had steam I would let you keep it up there.

6. JakTheMad

JakTheMad Mod Squad

If its on the Internet, its there for anyone to find when they want to.

7. thumb4Kill

thumb4Kill Member

I changed my prof. name, just FYI

8. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

We're getting a reasonable number of members in the group! Cool beans.

Perhaps we could arrange a semi-regular day and time when we have an exodus from Minecraft and check out a mutually-owned game, or even better, one of the free or free-to-play titles on Steam (there are quite a few these days and more being added all the time).

A few options:
    * Trackmania Nations
    * Puzzle Pirates
    * Realm of the Mad God
    * For those with parent's permission, maybe even Team Fortress 2...

Don't let me start running the show, though. Let me know what you think we could use the group for!

9. Rolya96

Rolya96 Citizen

I vote RotMG and TF2. Those are the two free ones that I play, alongside Terraria.

10. danielbauwens

danielbauwens Citizen

I have never played any of those games. Ever :shock:

11. Mechajin

Mechajin Citizen

A good, family-friendly game with multiplayer support is A Valley Without Wind. It's pretty cheap, and it even has texture pack support. Would be fun to play. :eek: An option for Star Trek fans is Star Trek Online, which is a Free to Play MMO.

12. JakTheMad

JakTheMad Mod Squad

I wouldlove to have an evening of TF2 madness. :D

This looks liek a job for.....Bonk Boy!

13. SacX

SacX Citizen

*like*

*playsthebackstabsoundfileandthinksaboutmecha*

14. Twololcats

Twololcats Citizen

This is great! Especially since i seem to be playing more tf2 than minecraft nowadays
    i also vote tf2 as a game (but im fine with any free multiplayer game, even payed games if they're good)
    id love to join the steam group, my steam name is twololcats EDIT: i already joined nvm XD, and for the picture maybe we could have zoly's avatar or cubestone, that or skilled art of a cubic world XD

15. Tommy_Walsh

Tommy_Walsh Citizen

Right so im getting steam so i can join the group :p and i decided to work on a basic idea for a logo that i though someone could work on so i opened up sketchup and got this so far.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

16. diamonddragon21

diamonddragon21 Citizen

I would like to join... im pgeorge

17. thumb4Kill

thumb4Kill Member

mera, I updated my nickname, to something more obvious

18. Tommy_Walsh

Tommy_Walsh Citizen

Please may i join my name is Tommy_walsh

Plus i have TF2 its epic!

19. Twololcats

Twololcats Citizen

hey Thomas_smyth, the logo you made, it would be epic if that blue block thing was cubestone, but thats just my opinion

20. Tommy_Walsh

Tommy_Walsh Citizen

Yeah i have to amit that logo is a bit rubbish (Or words that sound worse). It was my first time using Sketchup which isnt even for that kinda stuff.