1. Coming up next...
    Friday 2nd November @ 19:00 GMT - PSTIM #19! Terraria server opens. [Read more]
    Saturday 3rd November - Galloween Chaos! OooeeeoOOEEeeeooeEE!

Corrupt-a-Wish

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Fubaka, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Fubaka

Fubaka Mod Squad

Greetings, everyone! This is a forum game that I took from the Nifflas Support Forum, because I thought it would be fun to do here as well.

Here's how it works. In your post, you grant the wish of the last person who posted, but with the intent of ruining it. You can do this by making the wish backfire, having a side-effect happen that ruins the wish, or exploiting a loophole in the wish's phrasing.

Here are a few generic examples:

etc.

Now let me lay down a few rules and guidelines here so the game can stay sharp and active.

• If you corrupt a wish, you must make another wish. No exceptions.
    • You may not corrupt your own wish.
    • Your corruption must be plausible (within the realm of the wish). Nonsense corruptions are not cool.
    • The purpose of this game is to create a situation where people need to come up with clever corruptions, so do not try to make an incorruptible wish, or one that is too easy.
    • You may not corrupt a wish from a post that corrupts one of yours. This is here to insure that pages are not dominated by only a few people. However, if a week passes without anyone posting, you may exempt this rule for that instance to keep the game going.
    • If your corruptions or wishes are found to be overly morose, or unclever, they will be deleted without warning.
    • From 3/17/13 onwards, you may not use a dyslexic genie to corrupt a wish, unless said wish involves a dyslexic genie.
    Now, let's begin.

I wish I could fix the server.

2. Tommy_Walsh

Tommy_Walsh Citizen

Wish granted but then the server overheats as Monkz is blowing up tons of stuff on his Minecraft server!

I wish Kurt Kerman would teach me how not to be rubbish at Kerbal Space Program

3. Wish granted and you become a teacher also but then eveyone loses intrest.

I wish winter was over.

4. Fubaka

Fubaka Mod Squad

Granted. Global warming has accelerated to the point where winter as you knew it is a thing of the past, but soon the blistering heat makes you miss the winters you used to scorn.

I wish I could freeze time around me at will.

5. brickviking

brickviking Mod Squad

Time is indeed frozen, but as you are still moving, you lift off the surface of the planet at several hundred metres per second, and go straight through the heart of the sun, killing yourself.

I wish all great-quality computer games were free and open-source so people could make their own additions.

(Post not counted)

6. Qwizzy

Qwizzy Elder

Granted, but a worldwide polar shift occurs from the global warming of a previous wish and the resulting electromagnetic pulse sends mankind back to the dark ages.

I wish I could enter the game Minecraft and physically control my character's actions in first-person view, as well as experience it with all five of my senses (taste, touch, see, hear, smell the game).

7. Fubaka

Fubaka Mod Squad

Granted, but your repeated physical encounters with Endermen end up effectively driving you insane.

(I should mention that you should not rely on other corruptions directly to make your own. You need to corrupt it on its own merits. Also, polar shifts don't work that way. :p )

I wish I could make lightning strike wherever I want, whenever I want.

8. brickviking

brickviking Mod Squad

You love the new power you have, and everyone is terrified of you. One day you let loose a lightning strike, forgetting that you're standing on a metal platform and that you just hit the other end of it with lightning. Hello ash, goodbye intelligence.

EDIT: Seeing as I forgot to provide a wish....

I wish that laziness could be cured, not just simply ignored or worked around.

(Post not counted)

9. Fubaka

Fubaka Mod Squad

Brick, you've got to make another wish! Thems the rules!

10. Granted,Now everyone (including yourself) works themselves to death

I wish I was a LLAMA

11. SFMosquito

SFMosquito Spectral Op

Granted. You are now a happy healthy llama in your native Peru... where Llama meat is a delicacy. Have fun! :D

I wish I didn't need to sleep, so I could do more with my day.

12. JakTheMad

JakTheMad Mod Squad

Granted, but you then become bored - everything has been done!

I wish I could build a real working, humanoid mech.

13. SFMosquito

SFMosquito Spectral Op

Granted. Inevitably, your real working humanoid mech becomes massively intelligent (having read all the world's literature in a matter of days) and it decides, in its infinite wisdom, that humans are not worthy to share its planet. Its path of genocide begins with terminating its creator. Great job! :p

I wish I was an android.

Fubaka Note: SF, You are not supposed to corrupt the wish of a post that corrupts yours. Please wait next time until someone else has done that.

14. Rolya96

Rolya96 Citizen

Wish Granted, although solar flares ravage the earths electrical systems whilst you are charging, frying all of your circuits.

I wish I owned a supercomputer.

15. Koads

Koads Mod Squad

Wish granted. But since you more and more comes to depend on the computer to make all sorts of decisions for you, your brain decides that the function to breathe would also benefit from this and while you're happily living your life totally dependent on this supercomputer there is a blackout.

I wish i could go back in time to 1700 and buy up a lot of land...

16. SFMosquito

SFMosquito Spectral Op

Wish granted. But you die of Cholera while making an important transaction in London. Your newly-acquired 'friends' and relatives soon dispense of all your material wealth.

I wish I was just a generally lucky guy. No superpowers. Things would just go well for me. (I nicked this idea from elsewhere)

17. Qwizzy

Qwizzy Elder

Wish granted. You are indeed very lucky, so much so that the state lottery believes you are cheating when you play and prosecutes you for lottery fraud. You go to jail for 5 years. Luckily, you come out unscathed, just 5 years older.

I wish that we could travel faster than light, so as to visit other stars and planets.

Bionic_Fox likes this.
  18. JakTheMad

JakTheMad Mod Squad

Wish granted, but in the process of travelling faster than light, you invent time travel. Your "time machine" arrives in the Mesozoic Era, where it is promptly crushed by a "Stegosaurus" (cookie to anyone who gets the reference).

I wish I could enter a different plane of existence.

19. Fubaka

Fubaka Mod Squad

Granted. However, your body is not built to withstand in another plane, so doing so effectively destroys you.

I wish I could casually change my entire physical appearance.

20. SFMosquito

SFMosquito Spectral Op

Granted. However, you are now obliged to change physical appearance no less than every five minutes, to the point that nobody can remember who you are for any length of time.

I wish I had infinite wishes. :p