1. Coming up next...
    ‚óŹ Saturday 23rd March @ 19:00 GMT - Skyblock Wars Classic! Be subtle. Be mysterious. Don't fall into the void.

Read me! Changing your Minecraft username? Important lock information!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zolyx, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

Wahey! It's February the 4th and Mojang have finally flipped the switch - you can now officially change your username if you want to!

The good news is that Cubic Worlds has weathered to update to 1.8 pretty well, and most of our data is now properly converted into the new UUID format that supports username changes! :D

The bad news is that LWC, the plugin that handles locking containers and doors, has only converted protections that were recently accessed. There was nothing I could do about this and it was always likely to cause some inconvenience.

If you change your name, you may find that you'll be locked out of some of your doors and chests if you didn't click on them in a while. Don't panic - any staffer has the power to help you fix this. Just ask and we'll be happy to set things right and get everything back to normal.

But if you want to help yourself before changing your name, you can simply interact with each locked block so that LWC converts it to a UUID-based one for you. Once you change your name, you should find the locks will work just as they did before.

Happy name changing - and if you do decide to adopt a new alias, it'd be great if you could tell us over here on this thread. Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    Skaibae likes this.
  2. ninjamansteve

ninjamansteve Citizen

Trust him that happend to me i couldent get into my house

jbenjamin likes this.