1. Coming up next...
    ‚óŹ Saturday 30th September @ 18:30 GMT - Bust the Beacon Community Map Edition! Time to test your contest entries...

Official Event Capture the Tower Returns! (Updated 7/4)

Discussion in 'Events and Contests' started by Macpants, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Macpants

Macpants Elder

CELEBRATE, MARMOTS! (for real this time)

Why: Capture the Tower has come to Voxellia! And because a Saturday is a day where less is going on, therefore, more people can come.

Where: At the (tentatively named) Voxellian Achievement Center with the very approximate coordinates of: x: -81, z: -1870 . Teleports will be available.

When: Saturday April 12th, 2014 @ 16:00 UTC

How: Play goes something like this: When the signal is given, teams will collect their armor and weapons by pushing a button in hallway alcoves:
    • Iron Sword
    • Bow and arrows
      • the following four items in either Red or Blue
    • Helmet
    • Chestplate
    • Leggings
    • Boots

Once the gate is opened, team members will then empty onto the arena floor. (There are three levels of playable area) The object of the game is to collect all four pieces of wool from the other team, carry them safely to your own side, and complete the tower on your side, in front of the tower that your own team is defending. A team does not have to collect all four pieces at once to succeed. There are eight total pieces of wool but in two colors. The winning four block tower contains the opposite team's color, and must be completed on the stonebrick stair block on one's own side, hence "capture the tower."
    E.g.-Red team is defending a Red wool tower and must retreive the Blue wool tower from the Blue team.

Notes:
    • Spectators are welcome!
    • Competitors do not need to bring anything the event. All equipment will be provided. In case of accidental item-stashing, there are chests available for temporary storage during the event.
    • This match is PVP enabled so deaths will occur. Oh, did I mention there's a cactus maze?
    • Once your own colored wool is placed by the other team on their pedestal, it may not be moved. Same applies for one's own team: Once a stolen wool block from the other team is placed on the appropriate pedestal, it may not be removed.
    • During matches, please do NOT stand on the soul sand door pads, as they are not pvp enabled and give an unfair advantage to those players standing there.
    • Please also read rules posted in the hallway of the Achievement Center.
    Prizes? I think so, players.

Who: You!
    Teams can be made up of 2-6 players a piece and are currently as follows-

RED-
    1 Jardue
    2 Ian5133

BLUE-
    1 SmokeandMirrors (SFMosquito)
    2 jbenjamin [maybe]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  2. Jardue2

Jardue2 Citizen

20:00 UTC Would work best for Me

3. Macpants

Macpants Elder

Okie doke. I'm calling 20:00 UTC Monday. If no one else objects or even replies in the next day, let's call it final. AND even if we're unable to run CTT, I'll be running some events in the Event Horizon.

4. masternoj

masternoj Mod Squad

Alas, 20:00 is right as my last class of the day starts. If it were to be, say, 18:00 UTC, or 22:00 UTC, then I could probably make it.

5. Macpants

Macpants Elder

We'll see! Sorry the time is inconvenient!

6. Qwizzy

Qwizzy Elder

I can't be there because I have work and such and stuff. Alas!

7. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

I will hopefully be there to demonstrate my unlimited ineptitude at PvP!

8. Macpants

Macpants Elder

I'm getting excited!

Capture the Tower starts in 30 minutes!

Even if you have not yet signed up for a team, please show up! We have room for up to 6-player teams and lots of spectators! See you there!

9. Macpants

Macpants Elder

We haven't started yet so hop on now to get the action going!

10. Macpants

Macpants Elder

Ok folks, we're trying this again. Please come and enjoy! I hope this time works better for everyone!

See you there! :)

11. SFMosquito

SFMosquito Spectral Op

Daw, a bwirfday treat, just for me? :p
    Anyhows, I haven't got any plans that should interfere with my being there.
    Sign me up!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  12. Jardue2

Jardue2 Citizen

Sign me up, Good sir, Should have nothing come between me and the game then.

13. Macpants

Macpants Elder

Just a reminder: We're a little over 24 hours from start time! Get your names in here!

And even if you don't, come and show your support!

14. Ian5133

Ian5133 Citizen

I'll hopefully play, depending on when I get home tomorrow (it will probably be before 16:00 UCT).

15. jbenjamin

jbenjamin Citizen

I might be able to make it so keep me on the maybe list :p

16. Macpants

Macpants Elder

We tried once again to run Capture the Tower but ran into technical issues related to the move from Avalon. My sincere apologies for all the trouble with internet issues, lag, and the arena's state of unreadyness. We will try this again sometime in the future after everything has been checked and double checked.

Thank you all for coming and I hope to see you at the official (and finally successful!) run of Capture the Tower!

17. jbenjamin

jbenjamin Citizen

so were runing it as soon as the server goes up right?