1. Coming up next...
    Saturday 22nd July @ 18:00 GMT - PSTIM #15! Charge your lasers 'cos it's Robocraft! [Read more]
    Sunday 23rd July @ 18:00 GMT - Official CW Spleef Tournament VII! Snow will be dug. [Read more]

Official Event Capture the Tower actually returns!

Discussion in 'Events and Contests' started by Macpants, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Macpants

Macpants Elder

2014-12-08_13.35.24.png
    Capture the Tower III-
    This time we mean it!
    • Who: You and every Cubic Worldian!
    • What: This is like capture the flag, except with multiple flags, pretty much.
    • When: Saturday December 13th, 18:00 UTC
    • How (to get there): Via a teleport, or the N Line of the Railway. It's a lovely trip.
    • Rules for nerds (and you):
    To start, players will set their respawn point by sleeping in a bed. They will then collect their armor and weapons by pushing a button in hallway alcoves:
    • Iron Sword
    • Bow and arrows
      • the following four items in either Red or Blue
    • Helmet
    • Chestplate
    • Leggings
    • Boots
    Once the gate is opened, team members will then empty onto the arena floor. (There are three levels of playable area) The object of the game is to collect all four pieces of wool from the other team, carry them safely to your own side, and complete the tower on your side, in front of the tower that your own team is defending.

A team does not have to collect all four pieces at once to succeed. There are eight total pieces of wool but in two colors. The winning four block tower contains the opposite team's color, and must be completed on the stonebrick stair block on one's own side, hence "capture the tower."

E.g.-Red team is defending a Red wool tower and must retrieve the Blue wool tower from the Blue team.

Note: If a player carrying any amount of wool (1-4 pieces) dies, those pieces can be picked up by anyone. If a member of the opposite team picks them up, then and only then are they allowed to be placed back onto the original obsidian stand. See notes below

2014-12-08_14.10.36.png

Notes:
    • Spectators are welcome!
    • Competitors do not need to bring anything the event. All equipment will be provided. In case of accidental item-stashing, there are chests available for temporary storage during the event.
    • This match is PVP enabled so deaths will occur. Oh, did I mention there's a cactus maze?
    • Once your own colored wool is placed by the other team on their pedestal, it may not be moved. Same applies for one's own team: Once a stolen wool block from the other team is placed on the appropriate pedestal, it may not be removed.
    • During matches, please do NOT stand on the soul sand door pads, as they are not pvp enabled and give an unfair advantage to those players standing there.
    • Read rules posted in the hallway of the Achievement Center.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  2. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

Woo! We're finally able to host all the events that Stuff and Things stopped us from hosting before! :egyptian:

Macpants likes this.
  3. Kanzaki_Nao

Kanzaki_Nao Citizen

YAY sound fun!!!

4. Argh! 3;30 in the morning for me.:-\:evil:

Jerry likes this.
  5. Skaibae

Skaibae Citizen

Event every weekend the past 3 weekends. May the pattern continue!

6. Bionic_Fox

Bionic_Fox Citizen

Awesome! Great job, Mac'!
    See ya Saturday, hopefully I won't have another calender interruption. :3

7. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

Aw. I tried to reach the arena via the rail system but it doesn't look to be complete yet :(

Still, the views are indeed quite spectacular - will be a nice way to travel when it's done!

8. Macpants

Macpants Elder

FYI, the Mumble server will be up and running during this event for sure. You are welcome and encouraged to join it during the event! It will also a little bit before and after as well.
    It's advised that you join the corresponding team color channel for strategical planning. Please, no audio spying! Thanks!!

Spectators are welcome to join as well and chat in the main channel area.

See you all tomorrow! :D

9. Dwight

Dwight Citizen

I cant wait!!

10. Macpants

Macpants Elder

Thanks all for participating in this event! And thanks to Z for his assistance. This event is most definitely a team effort all around.
    I have to say that last round was especially well fought and very entertaining to watch!

And last but not least, I do believe everyone had a pretty darn good time! :D

Bionic_Fox likes this.
  11. Bionic_Fox

Bionic_Fox Citizen

Yes, thanks, Mac. Sorry again I had to leave suddenly/early. :)

12. Big Daddy Bri

Big Daddy Bri Citizen

That was amazingly fun! I think I need to grow eyes in the back of my head...