1. Coming up next...
    Now - PSTIM #18 game voting! Pick some games here or on Discord! [Read more]
    Saturday 11th August @ 18:30 GMT - Build That Thing! Quickfire construction shenanigans!

Bingo! - 10th & 11th March @ 18:30 GMT

Discussion in 'Events and Contests' started by Zolyx, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

[​IMG]

25 objectives, 1 pristine world, and you. Who'll be the first to shout BINGO!?

For full details on this weekend's event, watch the #bingo channel on Discord and this thread for details!

Event: Bingo!
    Dates:
    10th and 11th March
    Time: 10:30 PST / 13:30 EST / 18:30 GMT / 19:30 CET

2. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

Welcome to the server's first run of Minecraft Bingo! This should be fun. If you've never played this anywhere else, the basic idea is very simple and doesn't need a huge explanation...

Bingo server IP address: 82.33.178.63

Playing Bingo

When a game starts at 18:30 GMT, you'll need to visit either this forum thread or the #bingo channel on Discord. There you will find an image of a bingo card, like this:

THIS IS YOUR REAL BINGO CARD - GOGO!
    [​IMG]
    You can print the card if you're able to. It'll make checking squares off easier! The grid will also be shown as a signboard in the Bingo world spawn building.

As you can see, the Bingo grid is 5x5 squares, with each square having an in-game objective. Each objective can be either an "action" or a "gather" type. Your goal is to be the first to complete:
    • Any complete column, or
    • Any complete row, or
    • Squares diagonally from either A1-E5 or A5-E1
    Winning the match only requires you to complete a minimum of 5 tasks, but some of them are harder or more time-consuming than others! You'll need to pick which squares you tackle carefully to avoid getting stuck...

The match will run until around 21:00 GMT. If no-one has called "BINGO!" by then, the winner will be the player who has completed the most squares.

The Bingo world

Bingo is played on a pristine new world run on a completely separate vanilla Minecraft server. No plugins! Probably a ton of problems I didn't think of! Many fun times!

The details of the server you'll need to join will be given right at the top of this thread, and in Discord shortly before the match is due to start.

The Rules
    • For Gather tasks, you only need to be able to store the appropriate items in a chest at the end of the match so that I can check them off. Using the items during the match is fine, if it's possible to do so without destroying them (e.g. C5 - Every Type of Pickaxe). Durability doesn't matter unless it's specially mentioned.
    • For Action tasks, I need to see you perform the Action. Shout for my attention in chat, or through a whisper (/w), and I'll teleport to you and watch.
    • Once I've okayed your Action task, it's done forever. For example, if you had completed D4 - Put a Carpet on a Llama - then the llama doesn't need to remain alive for the rest of the match (and it's probably a good idea to kill it so that someone else doesn't sneakily claim it!)
    • Items gathered from or tasks completed using the spawn building don't count!
    • As soon as you think that you've completed your 5 objecives in a column, row, or diagonally, then you must of course shout "BINGO!"
    • After "BINGO!" is called, the match continues while I check the caller's card. Everyone else should keep playing until I give the word, because the first caller may have missed something!
    GOOD LUCK!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  3. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

Match 2 will be held at a later date, perhaps next Saturday afternoon before the main evening event. Stay tuned, and thanks again to those who tested out Match 1!