1. Coming up next...
    Saturday 19th August @ 18:30 GMT - Step onto the Hot! Belt in this brand new CW event!
    Sunday 20th August @ 19:00 GMT - PSTIM #16! Need a dispenser here! It's Team Fortress 2. [Read more]

Project Artreach - Destroyer of Oceans

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, and Land Claims' started by Fubaka, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Fubaka

Fubaka Mod Squad

Excavation Done small.jpg
    IN THE DEEP, LET ART FIND YOU...

http://wiki.cubicworlds.net/index.php/Artreach

In the great and gloomy chasm beneath Galleria, more space awaits furnishing with artwork. Do you have what it takes to ward off the slimes and build something spectacular?

How to find us:

To reach Artreach, you must enter through the (as of now) unfinished central plot of Galleria, in the middle of the city. The hole to the near left from the entrance has a cobble stairway that leads down into it. Mind your step, and please do not take anything from the donation chests in the construction zone. A more proper entrance will be made available at a later date.

There will also at a future time be other entrances into Artreach, as soon as time and resources allow.

Guidelines for Art-Making:

There are two kinds of art in Artreach; 3D Plots and 2D Murals. The rules for each are different.

Artreach plot example.jpg

Anywhere along the floor that is not part of the roadways or the central pit can be built upon. Once you have Fubaka's blessing, you lay down your border, then proceed with building. The standards of quality will be somewhat higher for plots built here than in Galleria, especially if you reserve a large area. Please keep in mind the following rules for building:
    • To reserve a 3D plot, ask Fubaka. Do not attempt to claim any spots without permission.
    • You may build as high as the netherbrick ceiling of Artreach, but no higher. You may also dig down to bedrock, but be careful of what you might find down there. No refunds will be given for deaths.
    • Once you have established your border, do not build outside of it. If you need to change it, make sure to let Fubaka know first. Also, do not claim an excessive amount of land.
    • Feel free to connect your claim with someone else's if both of you agree to. Also, feel free to build over and/or under the roads, so long as you do not obstruct or damage them.
    • Your claim must border at least one roadway, even if it must snake around other claims to do so.
    • You may build anything as art, but Fubaka reserves the right to reject your work at his discretion and remove it. Please try your best!
    • If you take too long to finish your work, it will be cleared and your reservation removed.

Along the outer wall of Artreach, murals may be built between the glowstone lines. These may be built upon without any reservations required. Still, you must adhere to the following rules:
    • Do not build outside of the specified boundaries, including in the 3rd dimension.
    • Cover the stone wall with your mural, do not dig into it.
    • Feel free to chip away the edges of existing mural work as needed, but do not destroy the mural itself.
    • Try to keep in theme with nearby mural work.
    • Try your best! Murals of bad quality will be removed.
    Future Plans

Artreach is now whole. the only thing left to do besides filling it with art is to finish the netherbrick columns. This will be done shortly.

Also, some of the gate tunnels still need to be prettified, that will be done next.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  2. peacegirl806

peacegirl806 Citizen

Can't wait until my new taking over of this place! How many plot allotted to each player however... :cool:

3. Squid

Squid Member

Can you at least explain the title?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  4. Fubaka

Fubaka Mod Squad

Artreach is the name of the city, naturally.

I destroyed half an ocean so far to make room for it. :p

5. UberNinja303

UberNinja303 Citizen

Yes, but that ocean had it coming ;)

6. Squid

Squid Member

Galleria is smaller then half or even a quarter for that matter.
    I was going to be smart and upload a file of the map split into 4 quarters but the file was too big
    but still Galleria is maybe the largest build ever built in the ocean.

7. UberNinja303

UberNinja303 Citizen

Delusia, back in Avalon, may have a similar size, although it did start on a very small island.

8. Fubaka

Fubaka Mod Squad

Artreach is now open to artists!

Send me a message if you want a plot.

9. Fubaka

Fubaka Mod Squad

She is finished.

Excavation Done small.jpg

We are now fully ready to accept artists. Apply while space is still voluminous!

Tomousee likes this.
  10. StoneBrine

StoneBrine Citizen

Ahha! Now just you wait until the entire thing is filled with my own artwork! And by my own I mean everybody else's cause I know I don't build well enough to get a spot...

11. konekasi

konekasi Mod Squad

All I build is uniform stone brick structures, and I got a spot.