1. Coming up next...
    Saturday 26th May @ 18:30 GMT - Happy 7th Birthday, us! Come join the party for our cakeday!
  2. We've moved!
    Cubic Worlds has recently moved to a new host and our new IP is 185.52.52.135. Our play.cubicworlds.net shortcut should be updated and good to use as well. Keep an eye on this thread or Discord for full details.

An Interesting Beginning, "Logging Into Death" [Refunded / fixed]

Discussion in 'Lost and Found' started by Justbrotherdoug, May 6, 2018.

1. Justbrotherdoug

Justbrotherdoug Citizen

I logged in Saturday afternoon all excited to be starting on the new server, expecting to find myself at my /AFK room at my base. Instead, I found myself dead three seconds after spawning in. Seems I spawned in well below bedrock and got a "Justbrotherdoug fell out of the world" message. An interesting beginning. I use Liteloader's Voxel Map and it showed my Latest Death Point as 0, -193, 0, 262 meters beneath spawn. Koads came over to assist, but there wasn't much he could do, because even with all his Modley Magic you can't go below the world. As they say, "Thar be Dragons" down there.
    So, this is a list of all my worldly goods I had with me.

Helmet: Diamond, Unbreaking III, Aqua Affinity, Respiration III, Protection IV, Mending
    Elytra: Unbreaking III, Mending
    Leggings: Diamond, Unbreaking III, Fire Protection III, Mending
    Boots: Diamond, Unbreaking III, Feather Falling IV, Depth Strider III, Protection IV, Mending

Pick: Diamond, Unbreaking III, Fortune III, Efficiency V, Mending
    Pick: Diamond, Unbreaking III, Silk Touch, Efficiency V, Mending
    Axe: Diamond, Unbreaking III, Fortune III, Efficiency IV, Mending
    Sword: Diamond, Unbreaking III, Looting III, Fire Aspect II, Sharpness V, Knockback II, Mending
    Bow: Power V, Knockback II, Flame, Punch II, Infinity, Mending
    Shovel: Diamond, Unbreaking III, Efficiency IV, Mending

I had 3 Shulker boxes, 2 full of Dark Oak planks and Dark Oak steps and 1 stack of window glass, as I had last been tearing down the forest mansion on Ore before I returned home. One box was still empty. I wont bother with the misc other stuff I had with me, arrows and odd bits.

It went like this: (copied and pasted from chat log)
    [17:40:59] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] === Welcome to Cubic Worlds, justbrotherdoug! ===
    [17:40:59] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] You can use /help and /rules to get some useful info.
    [17:40:59] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] New to the server? Use /register to learn how to join us!
    [17:40:59] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] You have no new mail.
    [17:41:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] justbrotherdoug fell out of the world
    [17:41:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] Citizen justsisterjuli > hi just
    [17:41:03] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] Citizen baba_zombie > hi doug
    [17:41:15] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] Discord Sicarine > oh no

Thank You
    Doug

2. brickviking

brickviking Mod Squad

I've replaced the bow, the rest of the goods are easier to replace.

(Post 877)

3. Justbrotherdoug

Justbrotherdoug Citizen

Thanks Brick. Due to the new mechanics, the bow was impossible for me to replace.

There are two more items however, or maybe only one, that still need to be rectified. I was showing JustNephewOrian how to check his Kube balance so I called up mine. Kube bandits seem to have broken into the vaults as my balance was wiped clean. Also when I tried to get back to my base after dying, all my home sets just took me to spawn. In fact typing /home <anything> took me to spawn, so I really couldn't even check if they were still there. It seems to have been corrected 'tween then and now, but I still have to physically travel to all my old home-sets to reset them. Not a HUGE deal, just an annoyance. Missing about 530,000+ Kubes is a slightly larger scale of annoyance :)

4. Justbrotherdoug

Justbrotherdoug Citizen

Oops, forgot to mention Koads replaced the shulker boxes and contents the other day. Thank you Sir!!

5. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

Seems like my PC crash right at the end of self-hosting caused your data to be transformed into a package holiday to that well-known party resort, Costa Del Void. Sorry!

Hopefully restoring the files tonight from an earlier backup, along with the refunds from Koads, will have sorted this out.