1. Coming up next...
    ‚óŹ Saturday 23rd March @ 19:00 GMT - Skyblock Wars Classic! Be subtle. Be mysterious. Don't fall into the void.

Concern 1.13 - Are we going to change worlds again?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fubaka, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Fubaka

Fubaka Mod Squad

[​IMG]

As most of you doubtless know, the Update Aquatic is coming very very soon. It will radically change the oceans of our beloved blocky game, and as such, I cannot help but think it's going to be that time again.

You know what time...

Yes! It may be time to change worlds again soon. Now, in my opinion, Tesseract has been our greatest world so far, and I am really looking forward to exploring the archived version of it. However, I would really be tempted to play Minecraft again (and on CW in particular) knowing that I will be able to explore all these lovely new ocean scenes with the lot of yahs, and building massive underwater colonies among the kelp and coral.

Also, should we change worlds again, I would be more than happy to come back and help move builds from the current world. I for one would be ashamed to leave The Hermitage behind, along with so many other fantastic buildings (some of which have been around since Pixellia).

But yes, for the teal deers out there, the next update will probably mean we change worlds again. I suggest you get your things ready and your affairs in order. Also, if you have anything to say, please don't hesitate to do so in this thread. Should be fun!

2. Squid

Squid Member

Coming from someone who's been dead for over half a year, I've got to say I too wonder whats going to happen when this update comes out. But considering back in Vox with the updates what had come out, the server was stuck at 1.7 for a year or so before getting to reach that big 1.8.

Also considering how we had ore world to explore for the mansions, the same could be done for the oceans structures being added. But as coral/kelp would be in the oceans (probably the most important thing of the update other then the new mobs), then I don't know how well it would go with a lifeless ocean in the main world.

I would also agree with not settling in too much, as we know Z is a mean ol' one and could just change world upon release of the update, but that's highly doubt able. Mostly because he also lacks the desire to update and bring over everything into the new world as he has other things to do.

Oh yeah this was only brought to my attention as this was probably the first @everyone, not to be attached to the announcements channel on Dc.

3. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

Of course, I know about the imminent arrival of 1.13 and I'll announce our definite plans for it soon. :)

In the meantime, for those who haven't followed conversations in-game and on Discord, what I've said up to now is that no, we won't immediately be switching to a new world when we update.

That doesn't mean "no" is the final word - it's just what I've been saying so far. As always, I want to make sure that people who have been (and still are) investing a ton of time into Tesseract don't feel like a rug has been pulled out from under their feet whenever we do move to World 5.

1.13 is due "before the end of July" according to Mojang. I'll hope to let you know more details this weekend once I chat to Smokey. :)

EDIT: Also worth keeping in mind that the time it takes for the server to update to the new Minecraft hotness is usually a week or two, not months like in the dark days of Bukkit. Spigot has been releasing updates pretty much on the same day a major new version comes out, so all we need is for our main plugins to get updated after that.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018