1. Coming up next...
    Saturday 18th March @ 19:00 GMT - Hyrule Treasure Hunt Rerun! A second chance to find those artifacts.
    Saturday 18th March - Ore reset.

Mumble

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Macpants, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Macpants

Macpants Elder

I set up a substitute Mumble server if anyone wants to get on.

IP: 98.244.116.10
    Port: 64738
    password: marmot

I hope this is ok, Z. I thought it might be nice to have in lieu of a "proper" one.

Warning: Same rules and conditions apply with this server as the normal Mumble chat.
    Enjoy!

Edit: Just to be clear, it won't be on all the time, but I'll try to have it on when my computer is on during the day (-5:00 UTC).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    Dwight, Jardue2 and SFMosquito like this.
  2. Skaibae

Skaibae Citizen

Is the regular Mumble down?

3. Macpants

Macpants Elder

Last I checked, it was. We received a Mumble server while with our previous hosts. Since the move, it's been down as far as I can tell and I'm not sure that it will happen without further prompting from Z.
    Since it's not high on the priority list to sort out, I thought a substitute might not be so bad for the time being.

Dwight likes this.
  4. Arya Oyvind

Arya Oyvind Mod Squad

not trying to shoot anything down here, but for simplicitys sake, we used a skype group in the past. If the need arises, we could switch back to that. The need being if mac decides to stop doing this awesome thing.

5. Macpants

Macpants Elder

Thanks, mera! You can do voice chat with Steam?

6. Arya Oyvind

Arya Oyvind Mod Squad

we can, but its not a group thing, its more one on one, with invites for more.

7. brickviking

brickviking Mod Squad

Also, Skype has this annoying problem that it doesn't work on 64-bit machines unless you can load all the relevant 32-bit libraries. Sometimes library versions "collide". Zoombuggy's machine's fallen into this problem, and we can't seem to solve it. So, we use mumble.

(Post 703)

8. Zolyx

Zolyx Evil Op

Yes, fine by me - I'll add the details on the main server info thread. :) Thanks!

MCProHosting doesn't offer Mumble at the moment, so unfortunately our voice chat will once again be unavailable for a while. I have this on the list of things to investigate a more permanent solution for; it's annoying that for some hosts we get Mumble and with others, we don't.

9. Skaibae

Skaibae Citizen

I had a great ol time recording a video with Redline over Steam Voice Chat.

10. Macpants

Macpants Elder

Hooray! Thanks for the affirmative, Z! :) I hope they do soon. It will certainly be more reliably online than mine is.
    Speaking of, I'm going out of town for the American holiday of Thanksgiving and so the server probably won't be up until Monday. Sorry about that!
    Good to hear, Sky! Glad it could be of service.

By the way, when the time comes that we can PvP again, I have two teams set up so that we can use it both as a "team" chat and we can see who's on what team easily. (<--idea!)

Even if you're unfamiliar with or don't celebrate it in your location, Happy Thanksgiving to all! :D

Skaibae likes this.
  11. Tommy_Walsh

Tommy_Walsh Citizen

It may be slightly to late now, however on black friday you can usually get a discounted price for mumble/ts3 servers forever. Untill you forget to renew it.

12. Macpants

Macpants Elder

Ok, I'm back to my house and Chatty McChatkins should be back up online more often now.

13. Jerry

Jerry Citizen

Are steam games on discount?

14. Tommy_Walsh

Tommy_Walsh Citizen

They are at the moment, yes.

Jerry likes this.
  15. Macpants

Macpants Elder

As it is the weekend, the server should be running all day (EST) today.

16. jbenjamin

jbenjamin Citizen

question why doesn't the community set up a Team speak IP so we can have servers with in it?

17. Skaibae

Skaibae Citizen

Doesnt mumble do the same thing?

18. Macpants

Macpants Elder

Jben, I set this Mumble server up myself and it runs on my personal computer in my study. The server has a main "lobby," two team channels, and one private one for myself (which, incidentally, I haven't figured out how to work exactly yet...)

Have you tried my Mumble server before? Does Teamspeak do the exact same thing that a Mumble server does?

19. Skaibae

Skaibae Citizen

Pretty much, afaik.

20. Macpants

Macpants Elder

Server is on today. Let's use this thing! :)